(For driving / GPS address) Please be informed that bow hunting is taking place in this park in accordance with the Park Commission’s White-tailed Deer Management Program. The park will remain open during this Program. Please use caution and stay on blazed trails. More information, including the hunt schedule and hunting map, can be found on our website. Contact (973) 326-7600 with additional questions.
Central Park of Morris County is a multi-faceted sports complex comprised of 299 acres. It is the Morris County Park Commission’s first fully accessible outdoor athletic facility. The complex includes two regulation-size in-line skating rinks, a fully accessible Challenger League ball field, two sand volleyball courts, softball field, four multi use artificial turf fields with sports lighting, a 5K cross-country course, 5-acre dog park, all-access playground, natural amphitheater, disc golf course, and 1.1 miles of paved and natural trails. Digital park/trail maps are available online.
Specialty areas of the park include:
Take your canine companion to the Dog Park to run and play in the fresh air. Central Park includes a 5-acre dog park for you and your dog can enjoy this facility and make new friends. Benches and bag dispensers are at both the small and large dog areas. Water is not currently available onsite.
Please follow the guidelines posted outside the area and on the website, so that you can help make your visit enjoyable and successful for everyone. Be sure your dog is dog park ready, and is responsive to voice commands, and socialized to people and dogs.
The dog park is closed Thursday mornings until 12 noon for maintenance.
Guidelines for the Dog Park.
The All-Access Playground, sponsored by the New York Jets, is OPEN for play! The playground offers kids swings, slides, music stand, and crawl tunnels. This extraordinary facility is accessible to children in wheelchairs and was specifically designed so that they can play alongside their friends and siblings.
- Field 1: Soccer, Men's Lacrosse, Womens Lacrosse
- Field 2: Soccer, Men's Lacrosse
- Field 3: Soccer, Men's Lacrosse
- Field 4: Soccer, Football
Field 3 and Field 4 can be used for Cricket
All Artificial Turf Fields have lights for evening play.
Available for adult and youth leagues, open skating, pick-up games, and non-hockey activities. Non-hockey activities include box lacrosse,roller derby practices, dodge ball, power soccer, and special events.
- 2 in-line hockey rinks size 85' x 185'
- Both in-line rinks have lights for evening play.
- There is a NEW 5K loop trail on the West Side of the property.
- This course gives you the opportunity to run a 1K, 2K, 3.5K or a full 5K single loop.
- The course has beautiful views, soft rolling hills, and a mixture of grass, gravel, and natural trail surfaces.
- Fully accessible rubberized surface for ADA use, lined to represent a softball field.
- Outfield measurements: Right field 275', Center field 275', Left field 275'.
- 2 sand volleyball courts
- Court measurements are 30'x 60' with 10' sand buffer.
- Both courts have lights for evening play.
- Grass softball field
- Outfield measurements: Right field 270', Center field 320', Left field 310'.
The Disc Golf Course at Central Park of Morris County is the first 18 hole Disc Golf Course in Morris County, NJ. A beautiful course with a wide variety of shot options and elevation changes.
Enjoy a break from all the activities with a picnic under the tent or on a nearby grass area. You can reserve the tented area by contacting Reservations Office or 973.326.7631 option 1. Groups larger than 25 are required to make reservations.
Central Park of Morris County, dedicated in the summer of 2008, has been designed for passive and active recreation. Once part of Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital, it was purchased from the State of New Jersey. It is the Morris County Park Commission first fully accessible outdoor athletic facility.
Central Park of Morris County is open daily Sunrise to Sunset throughout the year.
Artificial Turf Fields and Challenger Field use is by Permit Only.
Please contact the Recreation Department 973.326.7616 or email
to secure a permit.