Randolph Museum Wins County AwardFriday, November 08, 2019
The Morris County Park Alliance recently held its Community Recognition Awards and presented the Randolph Museum the Outstanding Historical/Cultural Facility award. Committee Chairman Tom Semler presented Linda Pawchak representing the Museum with an attractive glass plaque and a New Jersey State Joint Citation provided by Assemblyman Anthony Bucco.
The Randolph Museum is located in the Trowbidge-Brundage House built around 1867 and surrounded now by Freedom Park on Millbrook Ave in Randolph.
The Randolph Historical Society was approved to use the house as its new home for the Randolph Museum, which had previously been housed in a resort bungalow in Brundage Park. With the additional space and exhibits donated by residents, the museum was able to expand and better display its collection.
The exhibit rooms within the museum preserve history by featuring a community room, an industry room, school room, and a Resort Room, as well as a reproduction of an Iron Mine. There is also a research room with access to recorded oral histories of Randolph.
The museum is run and managed by volunteers, and is open to the public on Sundays from April-October. In addition, it is open to community groups and schools by appointment. Special events are held throughout the year including an annual Peach Festival, four Randolph Reminisces programs which are designed to share the history of Randolph, and spring and fall bus tours. Projects by local scout groups have helped to provide improvements to the gardens and grounds with benches, gates and other repairs and maintenance.
Randolph Township has committed to maintain and improve the house through various improvements since 2006 with over $150,000 being provided. This funding and help will preserve the history of Randolph not just for the current users, but for future generations as well.